Thursday, February 19, 2009

THE ODYSSEY BEGINS!!!

"what? you dont have a blog?"
 
As the biting and invective seeped out of that question, I was already looking for covers...
The question coming from a good friend of mine jolted me to the hilt.
 
"It's like sin in today's times... you dont want to be remembered as a certain old bloke who just spoke a lot about all those contemporary social, economic and political issues  but when it came down to penning them down in front of 1,463,632,361 internet users, what a sissy."

"You will be dead long before you die". 

" If not anything else, you are losing out on audience"

It appeared all of a sudden that all these years of active public speaking, debating and creative writing had all boiled down to...yeah zilch..

As i managed to recover from that ephemeral feeling of inadequacy and obsolescence,
inadequacy more than obsolescence, I realised if I am not going to begin writing a blog very soon this very feeling would drive me crazy.

So here I am..let me be honest...driven by that compulsive feeling of manifesting my innerself to the world, but more so to satiate that quintessential and innate human feeling of being heard, of being recognised, of being appreciatetd..after all isn't it one of the things we live for?

Everyone has an objective thought process, conscious or sub-conscious. We all think about issues, reason them out, engage in debates with ourselves and during that process many a time end up realising something very important yet very fundamental, something exceedingly
easy to reason yet excruciatingly difficult to accept. BUt it is the overcoming of this defiant and denying nature of ours that has brought us where we are today. 

Let me tell you at the very outset, I am not going to present before you a run of the mill treatment of issues or bore you with insignificant events of my life. I want this blog to be a creative and philosophical expression of my innerself yet a very argumentative and 
reason based account of the multifarious world outside.

I can't stop myself from telling you something about myself.  I, like every other individual in this world am very unique.
I have diverse tastes, no particular political allegiance, a liking for art, music, literature, economics, philosophy et al.
I suffer from bouts of nihilism and equally wonder about how real this unreal around us is. 
I dont smoke, but the evil gases Of this supposed existentialism hurt my lungs enough. 
I dont drink, but the wine of fatalism ocassionaly intoxicates me.
I am not a cynic but why does everything around appear so contrived? These visual images my brain receives dont make sense. 

I, however believe, that the labyrinth around us certainly has a way out.. I promise you,  not surely a fulfilling journey but definitely an adventurous voyage where we together decipher the unknown and reason out the assumed unreasonable.

THE ODYSSEY BEGINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment